Dear partners in tourism
We are pleased that government has lifted some of the restrictions that have been hampering the rebound of our sector.
We are grateful to the TBCSA and its CEO, Tshifhiwa Tshivenga, for tirelessly putting forward all of our industry’s requests and proposals to national government to motivate for the re-opening of our sector and the lifting of regulations. Without the continuous very hard work and determined lobbying by TBCSA on all of our behalf, we may very well still be facing the originally cited timeline for lifting of some regulations, which foretold only reopening next year.
For those who are no longer held back by restrictions on inter-provincial travel, the sale of liquor for onsite consumption and hosting of social events for up to 50 people, may the coming week and months be good enough to make up for the losses that you have incurred. We hope too that some businesses who were looking at having to close permanently can now turn that situation around.
Despite the improvement in the situation for tourism businesses, remaining restrictions, lack of demand and shortage of working capital still hamper large sub-sectors of our industry and we are continuing to work on motivating change to, or mitigating the effects of, remaining restrictions.
We continue to work on improving the following and request that members submit other matters hampering their economic activity to be addressed:
- Opening of international borders
- Lifting the restriction of 50 persons on business and social gatherings
- Further relaxation of the curfew
- Improving the demand for business travel, including government travel
- Court decision on the insurance matter to allow business to be paid their full insurance claim
- Further local, provincial and national government relief schemes to support the recovery and growth of tourism businesses in the longer term
Kindly submit any further issues which you would like to see addressed by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The TTA team will continue to keep you updated via WhatsApp messages, emails, this web page, newsletters and the TTA Facebook Page.
We are stronger together and together we shall overcome.
Stay safe and keep communicating,
The Team @ TTA