Position: Marketing Section Manager
Organization: Dinokeng Game Reserve Management Association
Location: Dinokeng Game Reserve
Reporting to: Administration Section Head
Expected start date: 1 December 2021
Type of contract: Permanent
The Dinokeng Game Reserve Management Association is looking for marketing Section Manager to join our team. The position requires both technical and managerial skills. We are seeking an innovative marketing generalist to promote our brand and products. You will be responsible to managing all marketing operations, assessing and improving existing initiatives, and devising new strategies to increase revenue. You will also be in charge of developing and managing the DGR’s advertising campaigns and creating promotions with the Tourism manager.
At the Dinokeng Game Reserve we believe applying the spirit of UBUNTU to the environment will make the world a better place. If we take care of nature, nature will take care of us.
We are pioneering a conservation model where humans and wildlife exist in harmony. By this we are creating a foundation for sustainable eco-tourism as means of livelihood for future generations of our communities.
The Dinokeng Game Reserve is the first and only free-roaming Big 5 game reserve in Gauteng. It is a private/public partnership for which planning, and development started in the early 2000’s. The 19 000 ha reserve is situated north of Pretoria adjacent to Hammanskraal.
- Help promote a culture within the Marketing department that encourages top performance and high morale.
- Take responsibility for the marketing department in all aspects.
- Improve brand awareness and to sure all activities, messaging and communication are aligned with the brand vision.
- Responsible for all analytics and market research
- Planning & Developing of the annual integrated marketing plan aligned with the company strategy.
- Planning and executing programs and campaigns on all platforms
- Oversee and create content
- Planning and Participation of events
- Coordinating and cooperating with other departments.
- Communication and Representation for the DGR
Requirements and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in marketing or related field.
- At least 5 years’ proven experience in a marketing manager or business development role together with the potential and attitude required to learn
- Demonstrable experience with creating a marketing campaign, marketing strategy, and marketing plan.
- Proven experience in identifying target audiences and in creatively devising and leading across channels marketing campaigns that engage, educate and motivate
- Solid knowledge of marketing tools, techniques and platforms
- Experience with all channels of marketing, especially online marketing, including social media, and content marketing.
- Knowledge of website development will be an advantage.
- Understanding of public relations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, great presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical and leadership skills.
- Excellent Computer Literacy skills and competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be able to prioritize and multi-task and to deal with stress
- Must be a self-starter, detail orientated, reliable and maintain a professional demeanor.
- Ability to function both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours to include some evening and weekend work.
- Must be capable of exercising independent judgment, discretion and initiative.
- Supervisory experience will be an advantage
- Valid driver’s license and ownership of vehicle with insurance will be an advantage
- Salary: R16 500 – R21 500
- Provident fund
- Uniform will be provided
Final appointment will take place after the satisfactory completion of a probation period to be determined according to the skills gap identified.
How to apply:
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference: MARKETING SECTION MANAGER
- All CV’s must be submitted via email to the above address which includes certified copies of qualifications, driver’s license, ID document.
- Interview dates will be conveyed to candidates on a short list.
Closing date: 22 October 2021